Adapted from various vegetarian lasagna recipes.
- 1 jar (700ml) tomato sauce
- 1 package (500g) cottage cheese
- half of a 400g block of mozzarella cheese (i.e. 200 g of cheese), grated
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan
- 1 egg
- 1 square package of mushrooms (227 g), sliced
- half a standard block of tofu (TODO: get exact amount)
- 6 balls of chopped, frozen spinach (TODO: get exact amount), defrosted and drained
- 9 lasagna noodles
Boil lasagna noodles 10 minutes.
Make the cheese filling in a bowl by mixing cottage cheese, spinach, half the mozzarella cheese, Parmesan, and egg.
Chop the tofu into small cubes.
Spread a small amount of the tomato sauce in the bottom of a lasagna pan. Place 3 lasagna noodles in the pan, then more tomato sauce, then half the cheese mixture, then half the mushrooms, and half the tofu. Repeat the layer: noodles, sauce, cheese mixture, mushrooms, tofu. Add the final 3 noodles, the rest of the sauce, and sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella on top.
Cover and bake at 375F for about 45 minutes.